Although not a VA benefit, auto insurance for military members and veterans is available with excellent rates and discounts. Many companies also offer specialized customer service just for current service members, offering speed and flexibility when they need it most.
Car Insurance Companies With Military Discounts
There are some military auto insurance companies that cater exclusively to service members, veterans and their families.
USAA Insurance, for example, offers low annual rates for veterans and service members. It also ranks well in terms of customer service and satisfaction. If you bundle your USAA car insurance with the company’s homeowners or renters insurance, you can get up to a 10 percent discount on your homeowners or renters premium. Generally, USAA is considered the cheapest auto insurance for military members and veterans.
To meet USAA car insurance eligibility requirements, you will have to be an active duty, retired or separated member of the U.S. military with an honorable discharge. USAA car insurance for non-military members is only available to qualifying spouses and dependents of USAA members.
Because USAA only deals with military customers, the company can help in situations, such as:
- Storing your car while you are serving on active duty.
- Moving to another state when you are ordered to do so.
- Getting coverage for driving in an overseas location.
Additionally, there are some regular car insurance companies with military discounts, including Geico. Geico military insurance discounts are some of the best among regular car insurance companies. The company offers up to a 15 percent discount on premiums for current military members as well as retirees. It also provides emergency deployment discounts if you must go to an “imminent danger pay area.”
Geico has a dedicated military team made up of veterans. So when you call Geico military customer service, you will be dealing with a representative who understands your unique needs. You can get a free Geico quote for military insurance on the company’s website.
Other car insurance companies with military discounts of some kind include the following:
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
How to Find the Best Auto Insurance for Military Members
The best way to find a plan that works for you is to obtain some military auto insurance quotes from the top-rated insurance companies and compare them. When comparing car insurance quotes for military members and veterans, be sure to consider the following:
- Find out about the company’s deployment options. The best auto insurance for military members will offer special services like discounted rates while you are deployed or no penalties if you need to cancel your policy when you are deployed.
- Understand insurance terms like liability coverage, collision coverage, uninsured motorist protection, etc. This will help you to understand how much insurance you will need.
- Ask about discounts. You may find that a regular insurance company offers enough discounts to make it a good choice for you. In addition to asking about a military discount on car insurance, ask about discounts for seniors and discounts for bundling your home and auto insurance policies.
To obtain a military or veteran discount, you may have to show some type of documentation. Examples include active duty military orders, a discharge certificate, a leaving and earning statement or some other acceptable form of proof.
By Admin –